Each softgel capsule contains –
Ubidecarenone (Co Enzyme Q10) – 100 mg
L-Arginine – 100 mg
Alpha- Tocopherol – 25 IU
Selenium Dioxide – 100mcg
QUMULUS is a combination of powerful ingredients beneficial for mainly heart & brain health.
Ubidecarenone (also known as Coenzyme Q 10, Ubiquinone, Co Q10 or Q10)
- Coenzyme Q10 is a substance that is found naturally in the body and helps convert food into energy which is needed for cells to grow and stay healthy. CoQ10 is found in almost every cell in the body, and it is a powerful antioxidant.
- Studies suggest there are three main health benefits from Coenzyme supplements; namely heart health, immunity, and energy levels. Organs that require the most energy, such as the heart, are most in need of high levels of coenzyme to function properly. People with heart failure have been found to have lower levels of CoQ10 in heart muscle cells. Research suggests that CoQ10 may reduce symptoms related to heart failure, such as shortness of breath, difficulty sleeping, and swelling. CoQ10 is thought to increase energy production in the heart muscle, increasing the strength of the pumping action. Therefore Coenzyme is often used to treat or prevent cardiovascular diseases such as high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, and angina. In addition to this, Coenzyme Q10 also acts as a powerful antioxidant and works to ‘mop up’ potentially harmful substances such as free radicals.
- The natural production of Coenzyme Q10 falls as we age and so the risk of deficiency increases. People who take statins are even more at risk as statins reduce the natural levels of Coenzyme Q10 in the body. Also, chemicals such as those received from smoking dramatically reduce Coenzyme Q10 levels.
- It is an amino acid obtained from plant and animal proteins, such as dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, and nuts.
- Necessary for the production of protein.
- Helps rid the body of ammonia (a waste product)
- Also stimulates the release of insulin.
- Used to make nitric oxide (a compound that relaxes the blood vessels).
- May help increase exercise tolerance, and improve blood vessel function in people with angina. L-arginine May improve cardiac performance in people with congestive heart failure.
Alpha- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)–
Alpha tocopherol is the strongest of several forms of tocopherol elements that is commonly known as “Vitamin E” and are found naturally in a variety of foods. Alpha tocopherol and other vitamin E substances are antioxidants, which mean they can help the body fight off a range of degenerative conditions. Vitamin E is used for treating and preventing diseases of the heart and blood vessels including hardening of the arteries, heart attack, chest pain, leg pain due to blocked arteries, and high blood pressure. Sometimes it is used for diseases of the brain and nervous system including Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, Parkinson’s disease.
Selenium Dioxide –
Selenium is a trace mineral found in soil, water and some food. Selenium is used for diseases of the heart and blood vessels, including stroke and “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis). It is also used for preventing various cancers including cancer of the prostate, stomach, lung, and skin.
Heart Attack Prevention and Recovery
High Blood Pressure
Counteract Prescription Drug Effects (statins)
Parkinson’s disease – Lower levels of CoQ10 have also been observed in people with Parkinson’s disease. Preliminary research has found that increasing CoQ10 may increase levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is thought to be lowered in people with Parkinson’s disease. It has also been suggested that CoQ10 might protect brain cells from damage by free radicals.